Apr 16, 2012

A collection of Taemin's Interview



This is the quotation from Taemin (for 3years after debut)

Q : Fan think of you as the cute 'Maknae', how do you feel about this?
Taem : When I heard the word "cute" for the first time, I felt awkward. Actually, I wanted to hear "cool" or "nice" at that time likes the other Hyoungs did.
But now, the word "cute" sounds great to me, but that is only momentary.
I think I still have about 2 years left. It's a dangerous word for hyoungs haha
I felt strange when I made my ID card not long ago.
I was amazed to see JongHyun make it when I was a trainee.
But I didn't realize that when my turn had come.
I thought that I should be less cute from then.

Q : Can you point out something you dislike in a person?
Taem : I dislike an evil-minded person.

Q : You usually have a neutral expression on the stage unlike other hyoungs.
Is there a particular reason for that?
Taem : I've been thinking about it this time.
“What do I have to do to express my love for the fans very calmly?"
I would like to show my will, but my lack of expression is pathetic.
That would be my expression of my sincere love for my fans.


Q. Is there anyone you want to meet in person?
And what do you want to ask first?
Taem : It might sound funny.
My answer is 'God' whenever I'm free, I go to a cathedral.
I want to ask God "Why do you plan things this way even though you know everything?"

Q: You are in your teen age, which is called the most rebellious period of life.
But you look like a youngster who is living life the right way.
Your body must secrete hormones that makes you have a deviate behavior.

Taem: Sometimes I would like to go hang out.
But I have something I have to do.
It is what I have been pursuing to do since I was 13 years.
Doing hard task is primary right now.
Going out and play can wait.
There used to be a fixed time where we had to go home.
If the next day is a holiday, I used to hide myself until the
others went home and practice dancing by myself.
I lied to my company that I got home. (Smiling)

Q : If you were not a singer, which job are you interested in?
Taem: My dream was to be a pilot when I was a kid.
But it had been changed into an entertainer again.
After becoming an entertainer, I felt like becoming a fisher man.
When I got aboard a ship, I realized that I'm a poor sailor.
After then, I thought "Ahh~ I have to live as an entertainer forever."



Trade-offs are made every day. I really think so.
I felt sorry about missing connections with my friends because there were so many things for me to do.
But they are what I really wanted to do, so I did.

Q : What is your stress reliever?
Taem : Going to training room to practice.
When I'm there, I am much calmer.
There are my friends watching me as well.
It's like a home for me.
Even when I like to imagine something by myself, I go there.

Q: I think 'Lucifer' stage is one of the good examples.
All of you have to sing harmony, hit the high notes and dance well.
How could you practice as each member must have been very busy?

Taem :I thought that.
"Just do it" (Smiling).
When the chips are down, ones have to try first even if they don't know how to do well.



Q: Most people think there must be something about the trainees from big entertainment company.
Did you adapt well or were you always alone?

Taem I've never been alone. I had much difficulty singing.
Actually I thought I could not sing well, so I hardly sing.
I only liked dancing since I was a kid and wasn't vocally trained because my voice broke when I was a trainee.
Just before debut, I had a chance to be trained, but I wasn't even singing in the right key.
People considered me as a singer who sings badly, so I felt so sad.
I practice singing over and over even after debut.
Even while doing with "Love like Oxygen", my voice was too unstable. I know that too.
I appreciate the present, and every day is better than the day before.

Q: Who takes time to practice most?
Minho: Isn't it Taemin?
Onew: I think Taemin does.
He does practice so hard.
The last person to stop practice is Taemin when all the members train together.
The other members also learn how to dance from Taemin.



Q: What is the most vital thing that you're trying to keep between the promises you made to yourself.
Taem : I've been hearing from my parents "Have a positive mind all the time".
There might be negative things happening.
Improving the situation is very important for us to go through it, so I always try to be positive.
Smiling despite difficult problems can be helpful to us.
It's also interesting.

Q: When you look in a mirror, what do you see first?
A : My eyes!
I hypnotize oneself while staring at my eyes.

Thank God.
Thanks to you (Fans). We wouldn't be here today without you and with the concert like this..
So please don't turn your back on SHINee.
Let's keep being together forever. OK? Pinkie-swear.

"Dance? It's like 'walking' to me"
Because We always walk. Right?
I always dance like that.

Q: What do you want to say to yourself at the present?
Taem : Do it right!

Q: What did you listen to?
Taem : Our songs, SHINee's 1st album.

Q: Do you often listen them?
Taem : After releasing a new album, I usually compare the new one with the old ones.
How I'm different from the old one and how has my vocal been improving...

Q: Aren't you tired of listening?
Taem : I think so.
Of course, but our songs we recorded when we were trainees are exceptions.
Sometimes I'm still surprised when listening it (haha).
I think I'm still learning everything, so I try to focus and study.



Q: The practice room is... To Taemin...
Taem : "When I'm on break, I go to our practice room except activities overseas.
Including Sundays!
I like to be there even though there is nothing to do particularly.
If I was given 3 hours, um...
It's not a good idea to go for a walk on this hot day, but I ended up going to the practice room.
It's much more comfortable than our lodging.
Because it's the place that I've been practicing for a long time and there are lot of good friends watching...
If it's warm weather, I would like to go to the beaches.

Q: You must live away from your parents.
Isn't it hard? When do you miss your family the most?

Taem : My family keep a pet at home.
Entering the house, it's like there is my puppy waiting for me.



Q: Cats? Dogs?
Taem : We have two puppies.

They live in my home so I hardly have a chance to see them.
When I really miss them, I use the videophone.
There is no animals that I don't like.

The letter to his dog(Eve).

Do you know that?
We met on Christmas eve 2 years ago.
To celebrate the day, I decided to call you Eve.
It's already past 2 years.

Eve, you are full of charms.
Even though you sometimes pee and pooh at the wrong place.
You used to rub yourself against my body and lick my face.
So cute that I just smile at you.
You don't like me to go out, so I bounce around to escape.
But you stare at me sitting on my clothes as a smart and slippy toy puddle.
Do you know how much I hesitate to go out whenever you are like that.
You're always with me all the time.
We'll be together forever.
I'll love you more than I do now.



My family motto is "Man proposes, God disposes."
My personal motto is "Trust myself and Try to do my best."
"Be Positive."

Taemin : I'm greedy.
My dream is to become a great musician. To be recognized in singing and dancing through my performance to everyone.
There are many things to show.
Now, I'm developing myself, I'm constantly renewing myself.



Q : What would you like to promise to yourself in the next year?
Taemin : I'll be 20 later, so I think I need to have a strong sense of responsibility.
And I have to show the more mature side of me.
Anyway, I'm developing myself.

Source : MinTae-E(cafe-women's generation)
Translated by Patata; Edited by Bella and Jenniline

3 comments: